On yer bike! Free public transport for kids idea derailed by cycling advocates :: Free rail passenger services for Takoradi, Tarkwa commuters :: Thrills @ Amakye Dede @ 45 Concert :: UTV Hosts Celebrities On New Year’s Day :: 2 past BoG Governors responsible for ‘rotten’ banking system – Joe Jackson :: Togolese Soldiers Intrusion Reported To Interpol :: GES announces reopening dates for Senior High Schools :: Socialists again call for action to ‘stop expats displacing Amsterdammers’ :: Kofi Annan''s Death; Ghana Flags To Fly At Half-Mast For One Week :: Let’s spend on the living not the dead – Palmer-Buckle to Ghanaians ::

General News
Nigerian Couple Arrested With Fresh Human Parts 9/4/2011

Residents of the Cape Coast Metropolis who thronged the Kotokuraba Market to witness the inauguration of a new police station were stunned with an awful sight of a bag containing human parts.
The low-key event which had attracted quite a sizable crowd turned into a horrible spectacle when the Central Regional Police Commander, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP), Mr Stephen Andoh-Kwofie, in his remarks announced that the new station had in custody, a Nigerian couple with human parts.
“As I am speaking, a major swoop last night led to the arrest of an Alhaji and his wife with human parts who are the first inmates of the cells at the new police station.”
And soon after the inauguration, DCOP Andoh-Kwofie and his men, led by Assistant Superintendent of Police Daniel Wiafe, brought the couple with their bag, popularly known as ‘Ghana must go’ to the charge office of the station.
The crowd, which had then thickened, called for the blood of the two, Alhaji Rashid Alfa Bello, 42, a herbalist, and his wife, Fawusatu Bello, 37, a trader.
It took professional handling by the police to control the agitated crowd as they escorted them to the charge office for the case to be registered as offence number one.
Stunned journalists and anxious members of the crowd who peeped through the windows of the station, could not withstand the stench and horrendous sight as the arms, legs, head and intestines of the unidentified victim were removed from a plastic bucket concealed in the bag.
Later, another head of a human being was retrieved from the suspects by the police.
DCOP Andoh-Kwofie told the press that following a tip-off, the police at the dawn of Thursday, made a swoop at the residence of the culprit at Amosima near the Moree Junction in the Abura- Asebu-Kwamankese District.
He said the police, after a search of rooms in the house, found the bag in the couple’s bathroom and suspected its content only to open it to see the parts submerged in some chemical. He said the culprit attempted to bribe the police when he was confronted with the contents of the bag.
The Regional Commander said Fawusatu, who in an attempt to cover up further evidence quickly went to the toilet to flash out the contents, was arrested together with her husband.
DCOP Andoh-Kwofie said two children found within the premises of the couple had been left in the care of an old lady in the house.He said Alhaji Bello told the police he had lived in the country for nine years while his wife Fawusatu had lived here for five years.
He said a search in Alhaji Bello’s room indicated that he had both Ghanaian and Nigerian voters identity cards in his possession.
As the couple were being escorted to the District Police Headquarters at Bakaano, Fawusatu could not control her emotions from the jeers of the crowd as tears rolled down her cheeks.
The police said there had not been any complaint of missing persons in the area and that the human parts would be sent to the hospital for a pathologist’s examination and report.
DCOP Andoh-Kwofie assured residents of Cape Coast that adequate security measures had been put in place for a peaceful celebration of their annual Fetu Afahye and called for co-operation and support for the security services to ensure law and order in the metropolis and the region at all times.
Commenting on whether the recent killings at Mankessim had any links to the swoop, he said what happened there was not a serial killing.He explained that in the first killing, a group had beaten a suspect while in the second case, the victim got drowned in a river.
Earlier, in an address to mark the inauguration of the police station, the Cape Coast Metropolitan Chief Executive, Mr Anthony Egyir Aikins, said the assembly provided the facility at a cost of about GH¢95,000.00.
He said the assembly had also donated a reconditioned Mazda pick-up for the station and that it would also supply diesel to enhance the operations of the station while other auxiliary items would be supplied soon.

Copyright© Radio Recogin 2022 Designed by [ModernGhana.com