Thrills @ Amakye Dede @ 45 Concert :: UTV Hosts Celebrities On New Year’s Day :: 2 past BoG Governors responsible for ‘rotten’ banking system – Joe Jackson :: Togolese Soldiers Intrusion Reported To Interpol :: GES announces reopening dates for Senior High Schools :: Socialists again call for action to ‘stop expats displacing Amsterdammers’ :: Kofi Annan''s Death; Ghana Flags To Fly At Half-Mast For One Week :: Let’s spend on the living not the dead – Palmer-Buckle to Ghanaians :: Heart failure could heighten the risk of developing cancer: Dutch research :: Six bribery ''headquarters'' in Ghana ::





Dutch News
Probation officers in schoolboy murder case sacked 1/11/2007
Thursday 11 January 2007

Two probation officers involved with supervising Julien C, the man charged with murdering schoolboy Jesse Dingemans in December, face being sacked for failing to do their job properly. A third has already been fired, the probation service said on Thursday.


Julien C dropped out of compulsory psychiatric treatment last summer but his supervisor failed to inform the public prosecution department. C had been ordered to undergo treatment after being found guilty of armed robbery at a supermarket.

''These members of staff have not kept to the agreements and rules which operate in our organisation,'' director Sjef van Gennip told Thursday’s AD newspaper. ''Nor did they tell the public prosecution department when Julien C stopped his treatment. I have not heard a single acceptable reason why this was not done.''

The probation service has a workforce of 1,600. Its role is to supervise and help ex-prisoners reintegrate into society. The AD says the sackings are unique in the organisation''s history.



 
Copyright© Radio Recogin 2019 Designed by [ModernGhana.com